Save the date for next years exciting Bruny Bird Festival
The wonderful Bruny Island Bird Festival is held every two years. The last festival was in 2016, the next shall be 19-22 October 2018
Bringing together Science, Conservation, Community and Creativity to create four days of enjoyment and education about the birdlife of this wonderful island.
Packed with new features as well as old favourites, there will be Workshops, Expert Speakers, Birdwatching Tours & Walks, Photography Classes, Markets and Cultural Celebrations.
Everyone is most welcome, birders and non-birders alike.
The festival program is yet to be decided, but there will be many similar events as in the 2016 overview program below:
- Birdwatching tours and walks in forests, on beaches and at sea
- All walks and tours professionally guided
- Private properties not normally open to the public
- Seabird cruises
- Researchers leading bush talks
- Expert local knowledge of where to find what birds
- Tips on recognition: behaviour, song, habitat
- Experience the variety of habitats and birds of Bruny Island
- Nature writers workshop
- Birdwatching techniques
- Illustration and writing workshops for 8 – 12 year olds
- Kite and mask making
- Painting birds (adults)
- Expert speakers
- Experts in behaviours, song, status and trends share their insights and local knowledge
- Cultural celebrations
- Art exhibition opening by Michael Leunig
- Bird Ball Masquerade
- Poetry and readings
- BBQ and forums
- Gate-post sculpture competition and much more!
- Trade and community market
- Artists, craftsmen, and information
- Local gourmet food and local artisan drinks at certain events