A huge thank you to sponsors, donors and volunteers for making the Festival a resounding success and we look forward to the next Festival in 2018. Here is a short clip of some of the festival activities for 2016.
The 2016 program as presented can be downloaded HERE.
Our fourth celebration of Bruny's beautiful birds, habitats and landscapes featured a huge range of events for children and familes, for experienced birdwatchers and novices alike.
- Birdwatching tours and walks in forests, on beaches and at sea
- All walks and tours professionally guided
- Private properties not normally open to the public
- Seabird cruises
- Researchers leading bush talks
- Expert local knowledge of where to find what birds
- Tips on recognition: behaviour, song, habitat
- Experience the variety of habitats and birds of Bruny Island
- Nature writers workshop
- Birdwatching techniques
- Illustration and writing workshops for 8 – 12 year olds
- Kite and mask making
- Painting birds (adults)
- Expert speakers
- Experts in behaviours, song, status and trends share their insights and local knowledge
- Cultural celebrations
- Art exhibition opening by Michael Leunig
- Bird Ball Masquerade
- Poetry and readings
- BBQ and forums
- Gate-post sculpture competition and much more!
- Trade and community market
- Artists, craftsmen, and information
- Local gourmet food and local artisan drinks at certain events