Bruny Island Bird Festival 2016
Join our fourth celebration of Bruny's beautiful birds, habitats and landscapes featuring a huge range of events for children and familes, for experienced birdwatchers and novices alike. Booking forms can be accessed at the bottom of this page.
The full program can be downloaded HERE.
- Birdwatching tours and walks in forests, on beaches and at sea
- Private properties not normally open to the public
- Many walks professionally guided
- Seabird cruises - one prefestival, one during
- Expert local knowledge of where to find what birds
- Tips on recognition: behaviour, song, habitat
- Experience the variety of habitats and birds of Bruny Island
- Photography for all ages by Chris Tzaros
- !UPDATED! Nicole Gill's nature writers workshop is open to adults as well as teens!
- Birdwatching techniques
- Illustration and writing workshops for 8 – 12 year olds
- Expert speakers
- Experts in behaviours, song, status and trends share their insights and local knowledge
- Cultural celebrations
- Art exhibition opening by Michael Leunig
- Bird Ball Masquerade – come shake your tail feathers
- Poetry and readings
- BBQ and forums
- Gate-post sculpture competition
- Kite-making, mask making and much more!
- Trade and community market
- Artists, craftsmen, and information
- Local gourmet food stalls
- Bars featuring local artisan drinks at certain events